Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Additions to my rating system (also, guess what my least favorite film is)

Well, if you guys read my review of The Cat Returns (let's be honest, no one has, but let's pretend that you did), you noticed my bizarre choice of rating the film. Well, I have decided to make some additions to my rating system. I have noticed that I can sometimes emphasize or water down the meaning of a rating with 0.5 in it. Example: A low half a star or a high three and a half stars. So, here are the additions and their meanings:

One quarter of a star (A low half a star)
Three quarters of a star (A high half a star)
One and one quarter stars (A low one and a half stars)
One and three quarters stars (A high one and a half stars)
Two and one quarter stars (A low two and a half stars)
Two and three quarters stars (A high two and a half stars)
Three and one quarter stars (A low three and a half stars)
Three and three quarters stars (A high three and a half stars)

While we're on the subject, I have also decided to add two ratings lower than zero stars. Zero stars is the perfect rating for a horrendous movie. However, my least favorite movie of all time doesn't deserve to have a rating of zero stars, so because of that, here are two additional ratings, which will probably be rarely used, if used at all:

-1 stars (pure torture with not one redeeming moment or resemblance of effort)
-0.5 stars (not as bad as -1 stars, but doesn't deserve to be called zero stars)

Once again, I highly doubt these ratings will be used. However, in case I come across a film that fits these ratings, they'll be here.

Also, I have a challenge for you guys, if you choose to accept it. I said, earlier in this post, that my least favorite film can be labeled as -1 stars. Well, who knows when I will review it, though I assure you that I will. However, I'm curious to know what you guys think my least favorite film is. So, why don't you guys take some guesses until I actually review it. Go on! Fire away! See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment