Monday, March 4, 2013

Full list of TV Guide's 100 Shows to See Before You Die

Yeah, you remember when I posted the updated list of VH1's 100 Greatest Songs of the 90s? I said in that post, "...opportunity knocked and I gladly opened the door." Well, guess what? Mr. Opportunity came back for a little visit.

OK, here's the story. For months, I struggled to find someone who posted a full list of TV Guide's 100 Shows to See Before You Die. While I found no luck with list, I did find the videos to it overtime. A few months back, I found the 50-1 choices on Dailymotion. Then, last night, I found the 100-51 choices on TV Guide's webpage, where the videos had apparently been posted for a while. So, I decided to make a list for myself. Then, last night, I realized that while I had the full list, no one else did.

It's not like VH1 where they always have a full list of ALL their countdowns, if not on their website, then on some blogging site posted by a secondhand source. But for the TV Guide show, no list could be find. So, I thought to myself, how selfish of me! I have this full list and I'm keeping it to myself? What a dickcheese, I am!

So, to that end, you, my fellow readers, are about to witness an unprecedented internet opportunity: to see the full list of TV Guide's 100 Shows to See Before You Die! P.S. Shows that made the list due to their appealing kitchiness will be marked, SBIG (So-bad-it's-good)

100. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
99. Little House on the Prairie
98. Fantasy Island
97. Beverly Hills 90210
96. Wheel of Fortune
95. The Muppet Show
94. Family Ties
93. The Real World
92. Bewitched
91. Diff’rent Strokes
90. The Flying Nun - SBIG
89. The Cosby Show
88. Land of the Lost - SBIG
87. MacGyver
86. Square Pegs
85. The X-Files
84. The Mary Tyler Moore Show
83. Law & Order
82. Temptation Island - SBIG
81. South Park
80. All In the Family
79. Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood
78. The Sopranos
77. Saved By the Bell - SBIG, to some degree
76. The Carol Burnett Show
75. Roseanne
74. Cop Rock - SBIG
73. Solid Gold - SBIG
72. Bonanza
71. Passions - SBIG
70. Doogie Howser, M.D.
69. Dynasty
68. Fear Factor
67. The Honeymooners
66. Three’s Company
65. Man from Atlantis - SBIG
64. Two and a Half Men
63. Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!
62. Jackass
61. The Andy Griffith Show
60. Married With Children
59. Modern Family
58. The Smurfs
57. The Odd Couple
56. Good Times
55. LOST
54. Alf
53. Laugh-In
52. Welcome Back. Kotter
51. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
50. The Bachelor
49. Cheers
48. ER
47. Pee-Wee’s Playhouse
46. The Daily Show
45. The Wonder Years
44. The Oprah Winfrey Show
43. The Wire
42. The Facts of Life
41. Baywatch
40. Glee
39. The Hills - SBIG
38. Taxi
37. The Jerry Springer Show - SBIG
36. Gilligan’s Island
35. NYPD Blue
34. Mad Men
33. Charlie’s Angels
32. The Addams Family
31. The Swan
30. I Love Lucy
29. Match Game
28. The Brady Bunch
27. 24
26. The Office
25. American Idol
24. H.R. Pufnstuf - SBIG
23. Happy Days
22. The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson
21. The Twilight Zone
20. Mr. Ed
19. The Golden Girls
18. The Fugitive
17. The Dukes of Hazzard
16. Roots
15. Saturday Night Live
14. Star Trek
13. Survivor
12. My Mother the Car - SBIG
11. 60 Minutes
10. The West Wing
09. Frasier
08. COPS
07. M*A*S*H
06. Deadliest Catch
05. Friends
04. The Simpsons
03. Jersey Shore - SBIG
02. Seinfeld
01. Sex and the City

Well, there's the list! Any choices piss you off? Yeah? Well, me too! The fact that South Park, I Love Lucy, Friends, and The Simpsons are ranked below Jersey Shore and Sex and the City is flat-out blasphemy! I understand that they aren't talking about the best shows of all time, but I'd like to think that I Love Lucy is probably in the Top 3 Shows to See Before You Die. I mean, think about it. Whenever you hear people referring to the greatest shows of all time, you hear The Simpsons, Seinfeld, and I Love Lucy! So, shouldn't that transfer to a Must-Watch list? WTF?!?! Well, that's my opinion. What about yours? Are there any shows you'd add or take away from the list? Also, what is YOUR favorite show of all time? Mine are...going to be revealed in a post that will be released God knows when! So, tell me your opinion. Go on. Fire away! I'm an open book. Later!

2 comments:

  1. No Breaking Bad? No Doctor Who? No Bugs Bunny or Coyote/Road Runner? No Six Million Dollar Man, Beverly Hillbillies, or even Hogan's Heroes? This list is dren, utter felgercarb

    ReplyDelete